How To Forex Cargo

How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #1 by balarila » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:32 am

Have not shipped anything recently and when I revisited the Forex Cargo website, I am confused.

I plan to buy some stuff at Amazon, ship to Forex, then have them forwarded to me in RP (as before). But the website now presents three main options:

Box Delivery Services
Commercial Logistics & Fulfillment
Online Shopping Services

I assumed I should choose the third one but can't work my way through it.

Tried the first option and I am brought to a fill-in form with two main categories:
Sender Information
Forex Information


Would the sender be me? What address do I put then since it only accepts addresses in US, Guam, or Japan.

aaaaargh!
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
User avatar
balarila
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Antipolo, Rizal

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #2 by joey81 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:55 am

With the current system:
1. do your shopping, have the goods delivered to their warehouse
2. forex receives the package
3. after a few days received items gets encoded to their database and you receive an email notification
4. when there is a discrepancy in the item description you email them asking to confirm if the wrong items were delivered or they just encoded wrong.
4.1 same thing with missing items in the package
5. you get the reply after a week (2 weeks after courier delivery)
6. after you're done with shopping you flag the items for consolidation (haven't done this yet)
7. another step that I can't remember.
8. after receiving the box, you shift to pobox

I'll forward you the instructions they sent me for steps 6 and 7
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
User avatar
joey81
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #3 by timber715 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:58 am

It is sad how this once simple family company has turned into a very complicated practice of shipping. All bec they am relying on the software designers.
User avatar
timber715
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4805
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 am

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #4 by balarila » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks, Joey, also for the instructions you emailed separately.

When I ship to Forex, how do I ensure they know that that shipment is for me? Would my name as addresse be sufficient or is there an account number I should indicate?
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
User avatar
balarila
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Antipolo, Rizal

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #5 by joey81 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 pm

balarila wrote:Thanks, Joey, also for the instructions you emailed separately.

When I ship to Forex, how do I ensure they know that that shipment is for me? Would my name as addresse be sufficient or is there an account number I should indicate?


Just the name is sufficient, like in the old system.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
User avatar
joey81
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #6 by Ciecon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:05 pm

joey81 wrote:
balarila wrote:Thanks, Joey, also for the instructions you emailed separately.

When I ship to Forex, how do I ensure they know that that shipment is for me? Would my name as addresse be sufficient or is there an account number I should indicate?


Just the name is sufficient, like in the old system.


Name plus yung ibibigay nilang numbers. naka try na ako medyo okey naman.
My greatest fear is that one day i will die, and my wife will sell my TOOLS for what i told her i paid for them. - Google
User avatar
Ciecon
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:47 am

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #7 by camv » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 am

joey81 wrote:With the current system:
1. do your shopping, have the goods delivered to their warehouse
2. forex receives the package
3. after a few days received items gets encoded to their database and you receive an email notification
4. when there is a discrepancy in the item description you email them asking to confirm if the wrong items were delivered or they just encoded wrong.
4.1 same thing with missing items in the package
5. you get the reply after a week (2 weeks after courier delivery)
6. after you're done with shopping you flag the items for consolidation (haven't done this yet)
7. another step that I can't remember.
8. after receiving the box, you shift to pobox

I'll forward you the instructions they sent me for steps 6 and 7

With the current system:
1. do your shopping, have the goods delivered to their warehouse
2. forex receives the package
3. after a few days received items gets encoded to their database and you receive an email notification
"Forex OSS - Your box has been received. [96220019000085242........"
4. when there is a discrepancy in the item description you email them asking to confirm if the wrong items were delivered or they just encoded wrong.
4.1 same thing with missing items in the package
5. you get the reply after a week (2 weeks after courier delivery)
6. after you're done with shopping you flag the items for consolidation (haven't done this yet)
Log in to "online shopping services", go to "vendor boxes to ship"
"flag the item/s, select consolidate, select type of shipping (by air or sea) encode/select shipping address, then click "Ship" at the bottom of the page
7. Then your items will transfer to "Consolidate" page. Then flag the items again for packing & shipping, then it will transfer to another page for shipping invoice. Then you have to follow payment instruction and attach proof of payment. Thats the only time the box will be cued for shipping (maybe this lengthy steps make their job easy, but I hate it)

i8. after receiving the box, you shift to posbox
User avatar
camv
Jr Member
Jr Member
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #8 by balarila » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:52 am

Was searching through my emails and found one from Forex advising me to update my account details. Seems the have created an account for me with a specific account number. Thanks!
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
User avatar
balarila
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Antipolo, Rizal

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #9 by joey81 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 am

balarila wrote:Was searching through my emails and found one from Forex advising me to update my account details. Seems the have created an account for me with a specific account number. Thanks!


Hmnn... I missed that email. But they didn't complain about not using the account number.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
User avatar
joey81
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: How To Forex Cargo

Unread post #10 by balarila » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Darn. Here I was, proud that I dug up the Forex email that contained my account number. Yet I just placed an order on Amazon and forgot to use it. Hope my name is enough for them to trace it to my account. Worked for Joey.
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
User avatar
balarila
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Antipolo, Rizal

Next

Return to Lounge



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cab1net advertisements
  • Advertisement
  • Place your adds here