Nick garden shop

Re: Nick garden shop

Unread post #51 by nick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:54 pm

joey81 wrote:How did you mount the rack to the wall? Teka, pader ba yan or floor? :lolno:

Actually bakod namin yan, so rough finish talaga tsaka hindi rin sya flat. You will notice the gap between the plyboard and the wall.

For the mounting, I just used four 2x2 and place it under the base support and screw them on the wall.
I thought of cutting an angle bar, since I also have some scrap, but wood was easier to cut and less noisy with a hand saw.

Will take a photo later when I am home.
nick
Registered Member
Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Unread post #52 by gattaca » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Congratulations on starting to get organized =). Shelves, cabinets, toolboxes... i love seeing other people's solutions.

Kaya nga wala masyadong nagpopost ng full shop pics eh dahil sa kanya kanyang kalat, nakakahiya hehe...

=======
Not my thread but FWIW, for fixing stuff into concrete wall, i've settled into the 1/4" X 2"long hex head lag bolt "system." It uses lag shields which is drilled with exactly 1/2 or ~13mm concrete drill, it is readily available, plus the hex head isn't easily mangled compared to tox X pozidrive or philips screws- you ratchet it in.

My first lumber rack collapsed with just the tox and screw method (element system pa naman) but held up with the beefier lag bolts and metal lag shields.

One needs a hammer drill though...
woodworking = problem solving.
gattaca
Jr Member
Jr Member

Unread post #53 by nick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:17 pm

That is a good suggestion.
I actually used Tox (plastic hehe) and a 2 inch tek screw for wood for this project. Since meron pang tira sa binili nung nagpa gawa ng bubong.

I also suggest DYNABOLT if you will be really loading your heavy stuff on the Rack.
I used this to install our basketbal ring on a concrete wall and it was the last time i repaired that basketball ring.
nick
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #54 by nick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm

joey81 wrote:How did you mount the rack to the wall? Teka, pader ba yan or floor? :lolno:

That is how i mounted the rack. :think:
nick
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #55 by nick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm

This is how my workshop looks like now. A little bit organised as of today.
Some projects on going for the kitchen cabinets. Some are ready for finishing while some are just parts of the carcass. :problem:
nick
Registered Member
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Members Shop