estib's works

Re: estib's works

Unread post #21 by joey81 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:14 am

I also have the knock-down version like Steve's. Designed for use on top of my workbench.

But since the workbench will be moving upstairs and breaking down sheets will happen in the garage, I will have to modify it for use no a folding ladder life Fort's. Will save me the trouble of building a couple of sawhorses.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Unread post #22 by estib » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 am

My work area is always a real mess and spend a lot of time just looking for things. So I decided to make a tool storage cart. Now I can push the cart around to bring the tools closer to the work area.

everything neat and organized

time to buy some more clamps. :lolno:

This way before :crazy:
Random avatar
estib
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #23 by Violaine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Very nice Brad! With matched grains pa!
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
Violaine

Unread post #24 by timber715 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 pm

Nice work brad... looking good!
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #25 by joey81 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Nice! Ang laki ng natipid mo nyan. Hindi lang 10K ang rolling tool drawer.

Suggestion lang. Apply at least a coat of sanding sealer. It will give the plywood some protection and it will also look better.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Unread post #26 by estib » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Violaine wrote:Very nice Brad! With matched grains pa!

timber715 wrote:Nice work brad... looking good!

Thank you brads.

Found out that the cart twists when it's on an uneven floor kaya pala biglang nawala sa alignment ang mga drawer fronts. Need to add a torsion box to the bottom.

joey81 wrote:Nice! Ang laki ng natipid mo nyan. Hindi lang 10K ang rolling tool drawer.

Suggestion lang. Apply at least a coat of sanding sealer. It will give the plywood some protection and it will also look better.

Yeah, malaki na tipid, material wise used 1 pc 3/4 plwood, around 3 quarter sheet of 1/2 plywood for the back of the cart & drawer sides and half sheet of 1/4 plywood for the drawer bottoms. Ang magnda pa can increase storage by adding things to the sides, lagyan ko kaya ng french cleats sa sides.. hehehe.

Thanks for the suggestion, was thinking nga kung anong finish ang gagamitin ko.
Random avatar
estib
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #27 by balarila » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 am

estib wrote:Found out that the cart twists when it's on an uneven floor kaya pala biglang nawala sa alignment ang mga drawer fronts. Need to add a torsion box to the bottom.

Was about to comment about it nga. Sorry you found out the hard way the need to make it stiff. When I made stands for my table saw and router table, I always made a stiff timber frame then inserted the plywood into dadoes or rabbets because moving about in coasters would tend to skew them.

BTW, I hope my wife never gets to see your post. Otherwise, she will order me immediately to make my workshop as neat as yours!
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
balarila

Unread post #28 by timber715 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:32 pm

No need to wait for the wife Ding. Kami na magsabi sa yo: Clean your shop brader... you can try looking at Japan surplusses for cabinets like mine. Reasonable priced at closed so dust free ang loob.
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #29 by estib » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:26 pm

balarila wrote:
Was about to comment about it nga. Sorry you found out the hard way the need to make it stiff. When I made stands for my table saw and router table, I always made a stiff timber frame then inserted the plywood into dadoes or rabbets because moving about in coasters would tend to skew them.

BTW, I hope my wife never gets to see your post. Otherwise, she will order me immediately to make my workshop as neat as yours!

Actually was considering adding supports to the bottom before I noticed it skewing, I expecting it to sag the middle once I put the tools in but it didn't so didn't put the supports anymore.

My workshop is far from neat and tidy, camera trick lang... hehehe. Pushed the cart to clean area of the workshop at konting walis walis before taking photos. Still lots of things and scattered around and big pile of trash in the middle... :lolno:

I didn't mention before, the drawers are push to open. Used epoxy drawers slides and magnetic push latches for glass.
Random avatar
estib
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #30 by balarila » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:18 pm

What are epoxy drawer slides?

BTW, hop you used heavy duty drawer slides. Made mistake of using light duty ones on a big tool drawer and I can sense it's getting old.
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
balarila

PreviousNext

Return to Members Shop