OAV Bandsaw SBW 3501D

OAV Bandsaw SBW 3501D

Unread post #1 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 pm

^_^ I finally got one of my dream tool may be a decent enough :D this is an upgrade from Ozito 8" bandsaw to OAV 14" bandsaw :)
I will name her KAI :D i took KAI name from may girlfriend CAI hehe, bought this bandsaw to combo with my scroll saw, para makatipid din sa wood pag na resaw ko.

bought it at Vics construction after 2 months of saving up moneyT__T

the box is quite big and i only planning to ride it in cab but i believe the box is not fit inside. so after 30minutes of waiting taxi during peak hours i asked the vics construction to just delviered it to me. but i cant wait a day to unbox and use it so while walking around araneta i saw this public van and ask if i rent the van to my place god is good he accepted my offer :D

took us 3 people to lift the 90kg box to 3rd floor hehe

the fence

assembling the stand, easier to assemble when its upside down as instructed in manual
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: OAV Bandsaw SBW 3501D

Unread post #2 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 pm

the main part ^__^

Finally assembled!!

the fence and the miter gauge.
had to remove the oil with WD-40 on the table :d

one of most i like is the magnifying feature :D
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #3 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:48 pm

resaw capacity is 6 1/4"

one of the reason i bough this brand becuase it has a riser block optional installation to increase the cutting height capacity.
will install riserblock soon, kailangan ko lang maka recover sa gastos ehehe

back view

the motor. kind of dissapointed that the motor has only 3/4 power. vics's construction said this is the new model.

heres what it looks line on the inside and the wheels
Last edited by Tomas on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #4 by Onesided » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Congrats sir. Do you have idea sir where and how much ung BS blade same spec sa stock blade ni kai?.. mejo mapurol na ung sakin. Hehe
Random avatar
Onesided
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #5 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:59 pm

here's the specs of the new model Image
im Envious while armand got the 1HP while mine have only 3/4 HP lolz but i still chose the new model eheh

this is the catalogue of vic's construction for bandsaws. i think they got it wrong. the SBW-3501b is supposed to be SBW-305D1 which i got.

they said its a generic design of grizzly G0555 heres the comparison on the designs. the miter gauge is just missing on the picture below. but of course there should be a lot of difference when its comes to materials and performance versus grizzly :D

had tested it and tried to resaw a 4" pine wood and 5" acasia it works but i just have to tune it well and buy a decent blade for it. the kit includes 6tpi blade.

^__^ dahil bago gustong gusto ko sya parati nakikita at na hahawakan :D i'm planning to upgrade the motor to 2HP soon and install a riser block :D
Last edited by Tomas on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #6 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Tomas wrote:^_^ I finally got one of my dream tool may be a decent enough :D this is an upgrade from Ozito 8" bandsaw to OAV 14" bandsaw :)
I will name her KAI :D i took KAI name from may girlfriend CAI and replace the letter C to K stands for philippine FA-50 jet fighter lolz hehe, bought this bandsaw to combo with my scroll saw, para makatipid din sa wood pag na resaw ko.

the box is quite big and i only planning to ride it in cab but i believe the box is not fit inside. so after 30minutes of waiting taxi during peak hours i asked the vics construction to just delviered it to me. but i cant wait a day to unbox and use it so while walking around araneta i saw this public van and ask if i rent the van to my place god is good he accepted my offer :D

the fence

assembling the stand, easier to assemble when its upside down as instructed in manual
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #7 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Tomas wrote:^_^ I finally got one of my dream tool may be a decent enough :D this is an upgrade from Ozito 8" bandsaw to OAV 14" bandsaw :)
I will name her KAI :D i took KAI name from may girlfriend CAI hehe, i replaced letter C to letter K from KAI FA-50 jet fighter that philippine bought from south korea hehe. bought this bandsaw to combo with my scroll saw, para makatipid din sa wood pag na resaw ko.

the fence

Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #8 by joey81 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Tomas wrote:

Sulitin mo muan yung blade na binili mo. With the riser block you need 105" blades.

Tomas wrote:
the motor. kind of dissapointed that the motor has only 3/4 power. they said this is the new model.

The old one is 1 hp but does not have a fence.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Unread post #9 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Onesided wrote:Congrats sir. Do you have idea sir where and how much ung BS blade same spec sa stock blade ni kai?.. mejo mapurol na ung sakin. Hehe

sir nabili ako sa panda construction supply sa araneta dun po mismo wini weld ang blade. sabihin mo lang po size at tpi. for 14" bandsaw na may 93.5" ang haba, may P348 4tpi na. contact nila 715 74 55

thanks sir!
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #10 by Tomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

joey81 wrote:
Tomas wrote: yes sir sulitin ko muna un blade :--)) sabay ko sana riser block kaya lang mejo short na, one of the reason kaya ko nabili un bagong model kasi may fence though pwde nmn gawan gaya ng gnawa ni sir armand :D haha

Sulitin mo muan yung blade na binili mo. With the riser block you need 105" blades.

Tomas wrote:
the motor. kind of dissapointed that the motor has only 3/4 power. they said this is the new model.

The old one is 1 hp but does not have a fence.
Tomas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Next

Return to Tool Talk and Review