House Plumbing system

All about house and building construction.

Re: House Plumbing system

Unread post #21 by Violaine » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Ang sarap nun bry! Mula noon hanggang ngayon...hehehe...pag hindi mo kasi dinoble butas, sisipsipin mo ung nagiisang butas para lumabas ung condensed milk.yummy!
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
Violaine

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Unread post #22 by bryant77 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:36 pm

In installing horizontal sewer pipe dapat naka slope ng 1 to 2 degree. Pag hindi naka slope Or pantay lang yun pipe hindi magflow yun solid at liquid. More than 2 degree slope maiiwan yun solid particle mauuna yun magflow yun liquid. Hindi rin ito maganda kse yun solid particle na naiiwan sa loob ng pipe maaring maging cause ng clogging.
Random avatar
bryant77
Jr Member
Jr Member

Unread post #23 by Ricky » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:26 pm

bryant77 wrote:
nick wrote:So to cut the story short.
Floor drain needs also a P trap.
Just like that.

How about the toilet bowl, do we also need to trap the shit out of the toilet bowl? Or the toilet bowl already has this p trap?

P-trap is needed on floor drain to seal the gas coming from the septic tank. For water closet (toilet bowl) no need to install a p-trap.

Bry this is the reason why yun mga bathrooms ng newly built houses na tinipid ay sobra baho kasi wala mga p-trap yun mga drains. Sabi ng contractor natuyuan lang daw at dapat buhusan ng bleach. Turn off talaga ang amoy, ka ganda ng mansion tapos amoy patay yung mga banyo.
Ricky

Unread post #24 by balarila » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 pm

bryant77 wrote:In installing horizontal sewer pipe dapat naka slope ng 1 to 2 degree. Pag hindi naka slope Or pantay lang yun pipe hindi magflow yun solid at liquid. More than 2 degree slope maiiwan yun solid particle mauuna yun magflow yun liquid. Hindi rin ito maganda kse yun solid particle na naiiwan sa loob ng pipe maaring maging cause ng clogging.

Not an expert on home plumbing but I know a bit about sewers (I work for Manila Water). Bryant is correct about sloping a sewer pipe. After installing and before closing up, try rolling a ball (tennis ball for larger pipes or gold ball for smaller pipes; heck, a holen will do) by inserting it into the upper end and it should come out at the lower end.
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
balarila

Unread post #25 by joey81 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:45 pm

Ang mahal na test nyan. Dapat ba 24K? :lolno:
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Unread post #26 by balarila » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:18 am

joey81 wrote:Ang mahal na test nyan. Dapat ba 24K? :lolno:

Oops. He-he. Golf ball.
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
balarila

Unread post #27 by nick » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Just out of curiosity.
Can we just put a single p trap at the end of the main pipe. Just to simplify the cost and construction?
Any idea what can happen?
nick
Registered Member
Registered Member

Unread post #28 by bigfoot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm

If the p-trap happens to get clogged, partially or totally, will be a big mess. By the time you figure out clogged, will really be a big mess. One clogged toilet is more than enough at any time.
Your cutting tools is only as good as your sharpening system.
bigfoot
Admin
Admin

Unread post #29 by joey81 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:17 pm

The 2- (or 3-) inch orange P trap won't cost an arm and a leg. I think its less than 100 pesos.

The probability of clogging goes up with usage. If you use only 1 trap, you increase the probability of clogging. And since all drains are connected to that trap, you also increase the severity of the problem if it does clog.

Yes, you will save a few hundred pesos, but you'll wish you hadn't scrimped if Murphy strikes.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Unread post #30 by bigfoot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Hehe, by the time you realized it's clogged up, probably several feet already, and maybe solidified. Thinking of it should give you severe nightmares already.
Your cutting tools is only as good as your sharpening system.
bigfoot
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Construction