DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter-Saw

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #31 by woodworkboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

try nyo nalang suggestion ni sir timber sa sabino padilla (gandara) baka meron at kung meron man pwede yarda o metro dun.
User avatar
woodworkboy
Registered Member
Registered Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 am

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #32 by joey81 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Here's the ESD mat, V. Its about 2.5mm thick.

Image
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
User avatar
joey81
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #33 by Violaine » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Penge na lang ng kapiraso brader when we see each other soon! I hopenit works. Now i must retire. Good nite.
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
User avatar
Violaine
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #34 by Dom3116 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 am

chisel wrote:Dom you have DW708 post naman. This saw was way reliable than its predecessor the DW718. The locally available DW713 can accept both led and laser attachment di nga lang sliding. San ka nga pala sa Makati Dom baka mag kapit bahay lang tayo

Sige sir will post pics soon. Linisin ko muna ng matindi para di nakakahiya. hehe Evangelista makati ako near intersection ng south super hiway and arnaiz. Ikaw sir, san ka sa makati? Pasilip naman minsan sa shop mo.
Random avatar
Dom3116
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 am

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #35 by chisel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Dom3116 wrote:
chisel wrote:Dom you have DW708 post naman. This saw was way reliable than its predecessor the DW718. The locally available DW713 can accept both led and laser attachment di nga lang sliding. San ka nga pala sa Makati Dom baka mag kapit bahay lang tayo

Sige sir will post pics soon. Linisin ko muna ng matindi para di nakakahiya. hehe Evangelista makati ako near intersection ng south super hiway and arnaiz. Ikaw sir, san ka sa makati? Pasilip naman minsan sa shop mo.


Sure everybody is welcome to come to my shop basta punta ka lang. Rockwell ako bro mas malapit ka ke Manong Jay... :wave:
Image
User avatar
chisel
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 am

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #36 by Dom3116 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 am

chisel wrote:
Dom3116 wrote:
chisel wrote:Dom you have DW708 post naman. This saw was way reliable than its predecessor the DW718. The locally available DW713 can accept both led and laser attachment di nga lang sliding. San ka nga pala sa Makati Dom baka mag kapit bahay lang tayo

Sige sir will post pics soon. Linisin ko muna ng matindi para di nakakahiya. hehe Evangelista makati ako near intersection ng south super hiway and arnaiz. Ikaw sir, san ka sa makati? Pasilip naman minsan sa shop mo.


Sure everybody is welcome to come to my shop basta punta ka lang. Rockwell ako bro mas malapit ka ke Manong Jay... :wave:


Sige sir I'll pm you when i plan to drop by. Sa may Pasay firestation nga lang daw si manong jay. Havent been to his shop too. Kay sir timb pa lang napuntahan ko. :)
Random avatar
Dom3116
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 am

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #37 by joey81 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Dom3116 wrote:Sige sir I'll pm you when i plan to drop by. Sa may Pasay firestation nga lang daw si manong jay. Havent been to his shop too. Kay sir timb pa lang napuntahan ko. :)



And the trap has been set.

:evilish:
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
User avatar
joey81
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #38 by JayL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Daan ka dito Dom minsan. Malapit ka lang pala. :angel:
Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS
User avatar
JayL
Moderators
Moderators
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #39 by Violaine » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 am

@joey81,

thanks bro but the ESD mat is thick for my specs.

the material should be around 1mm max for it to fold when i slide forward the saw.

anyway i am still on the hunt.

otherwise, the ultimate mod should be done and that is to make the widest hole at the back of the saw and make a correspoinding funnel for all the dust that will fall behind.
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
User avatar
Violaine
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #40 by Dom3116 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 pm

joey81 wrote:
Dom3116 wrote:Sige sir I'll pm you when i plan to drop by. Sa may Pasay firestation nga lang daw si manong jay. Havent been to his shop too. Kay sir timb pa lang napuntahan ko. :)



And the trap has been set.

:evilish:


haha am i walking in to a trap na walang kawala?
Random avatar
Dom3116
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Review



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cab1net advertisements
  • Advertisement
  • Place your adds here