Unread post #3 by chisel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 am

What's in the Box

chisel
Admin
Admin

Re: DEWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #4 by chisel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 am

Smart, Powerful Design for Quick, Accurate Cuts

The DEWALT double-bevel sliding compound miter saw's 10-inch blade is backed by a powerful and dependable 15 amp motor. Offering a no-load speed of 4,000 rpm, it makes quick work of cutting framing or molding, as well as other crosscutting and miter-cutting jobs.

This sturdy saw is designed to deliver precise cuts, allowing for the versatile setups required for miter applications. The precise miter system's adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate features 11 positive stops for easy setup and improved efficiency. An easy-to-adjust cam-lock miter handle delivers quick and accurate miter angles, and features a convenient detent override, which allows you to adjust the miter setting without the saw slipping into the miter detents. And the saw's big miter capacity--0 to 60 degrees to the left and 0 to 52 degrees to the right--adds versatility.

chisel
Admin
Admin

Unread post #5 by chisel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:12 am

Tall Fencing and Compact Sliding Rails
The tall fence supports 6-1/4-inch crown molding nested vertically, as well as 6-inch base molding set against the fence. The fence slides out of the way easily when it's time to make bevel cuts. This saw stays compact thanks to its sliding saw dual horizontal steel rails, which feature an innovative clamping mechanism and linear ball bearings for increased accuracy and durability.

Increased Bevel Capacity and Convenient Stops

This saw is designed to deliver quick, accurate bevel cuts. You can easily set up for bevel cuts that measure between 0 and 48 degrees to the left and to the right. This handy setup provides increased capacity for big jobs and allows you to flip the saw instead of the material. Plus, with several bevel stops, it makes finding and setting the bevel angles a quick, easy process.

Ideal for a range of applications, the saw's unique back fence design allows it to deliver clean, 45-degree bevel cuts through dimensional lumber that measures up to 2 by 14 inches.

chisel
Admin
Admin

Unread post #6 by chisel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 am

Portable and Compatible with the DEWALT Laser and L.E.D. System

This lightweight sliding compound miter saw weighs just 51 pounds and features a built-in carry handle, so you can move it around the jobsite easily and lift it comfortably when it comes time to stow the saw at the end of the day.

For additional accuracy and ease of use, this saw is compatible with the DEWALT DW7187 (sold separately) adjustable miter saw laser system (sold separately), which ensures that the cutting line is easy to see via a red laser line. An addition option is the DWS7085 (sold separately) which light the work surface and identifies the specific cut line.

chisel
Admin
Admin

Unread post #7 by chisel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:14 am

The bad side is It’s a 110 volts.

The mean machine in the SCMS category.

chisel
Admin
Admin

Re: DeWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Unread post #8 by Dom3116 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 am

Nice tool and thanks for sharing sir chisel. I like the laser and LED lighting system. Too bad my dw708 was not yet designed to have one.
Random avatar
Dom3116
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #9 by chisel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 am

Dom you have DW708 post naman. This saw was way reliable than its predecessor the DW718. The locally available DW713 can accept both led and laser attachment di nga lang sliding. San ka nga pala sa Makati Dom baka mag kapit bahay lang tayo
chisel
Admin
Admin

Unread post #10 by Violaine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:53 am

the other day i thought of making additional dust capture mechanism for my Makita LS1013 SCMS...i tried a leatherette fastened with double sided tape..but when i switched on the vacuum, the cloth was sucked up/folded and obstructed the outlet...removed it and thinking of some material rigid enough to withstand the vacuum force but still folds so it dont get in the way with the material being cut.

and then i saw that black thing at the back of the blade to capture those little dust right where they are produced.

can you tell me about it more bro?

tia

V

now...i am thinking of the interior tire for bicycles if they will work. i am not sure if they too wont be able to withstand the force of the vacuum.
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
Violaine

Next

Return to Tool Review