Powertool of the Month

Powertool of the Month

Unread post #1 by timber715 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:51 am

Beginning August I will be making a Powertool of the Month which will discuss the features, capacities and maintenance too...

The first Powertool will be the GEX125 ROS sander... So do keep an eye on this thread....
timber715
Admin
Admin

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Powertool of the Month

Unread post #2 by Violaine » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:04 am

hmmm..i am probably the only owner of this ROS greatly disappointed when it has lost its variable speed control..

the tool is almost like new btw...

swertehan nga kaya?

:thumbdown:
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
Violaine

Unread post #3 by timber715 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Violaine wrote:hmmm..i am probably the only owner of this ROS greatly disappointed when it has lost its variable speed control..

the tool is almost like new btw...

swertehan nga kaya?

:thumbdown:

Iwan mo sa court and will have it checked, i ca even send you mt second ROS to use while yours is getting serviced.
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #4 by chisel » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:40 pm

This I have to watch
chisel
Admin
Admin

Unread post #5 by Violaine » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:19 pm

yan ang sinasabi kong community dito mga braders...helping each other. :thumbup:

swerte ko talaga!

@timber,

thanks in advance bro. will bring it over to your shop next week.

V
I think i was a woodworker in my previous life...and the life previous to that.
Violaine

Unread post #6 by jonathanscruz68 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 am

watching too... :clap:
Random avatar
jonathanscruz68
Jr Member
Jr Member

Unread post #7 by balarila » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 am

Unahan ko na si Timber. :yawn: Tagal kasi.

I'm pasting my experience with this sander on this thread (originally posted Jan 01, 2012 in that "other" site)
-----

Was rushing a project of a pair of kamagong tables (square two seater and rectangular six-seater) so we could use them on the deck for a New Year party with the whole clan.

Dec 29 evening, my trusty Ryobi sander broke down. Looks like the gears broke. Tried opening it up but couldn't remove one critical screw that's so inaccessible, even my vise-grip couldn't get at it.

So, called up Golden. We met early morning next day and bought the GEX 125 and some sanding pads from him and brought it home.

Upon opening the box, first impression is that it's so light. Was already thinking this may be a lightweight lemon. Hard to take seriously something that's so...weightless. Then, I turned it on and next thing I noticed is that it's quiet. My old Ryobi suddenly sounded like an aircraft-carrier take-off (probably felt like one, too).

Then I proceeded sanding. No dust! Was it working at all? Curiously, the grooves left by my 40-grit belt sander disappeared but...no dust!

I found myself sanding for an hour straight and never got tired. Just some quick pauses to change sanding pads. Went from 40grit (not advisable), then 80, then 180. All the while, was thinking, where have this toy been all my life?

One surprise, though, when I was sanding the edges and had to tilt the sander at an odd angle, all the dust fell out. Not a good experince since I was working with kamagong where the dust is like gunpowder and stings the eyes. Maybe Bosch should invent a gyroscope or accelerometer (think iPad) inside it which automatically shuts the sander vent when inverted. Hmmm...I think they have, actually.

This tool is a beauty. So light and efficient. Sure, it cost 3x+ as my old Ryobi but it sure paid off with a lot less strain at the end of the day.

Oh, on my tables, finished them yesterday with plenty of time to spare. Will probably do some more sanding on it today.
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.
balarila

Unread post #8 by JayL » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Looks like Twin Kamagong Tables :)
Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools