re: Breadboard ends

re: Breadboard ends

Unread post #1 by Steelshepherd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 pm

good day mga sir. napansin ko lang, most table tops (dining table) sold on furniture shops sa Pinas, even yun mga naka advertise sa FB, walang breadboard ends. but most projects that i've watched in YT, in other countries like the states, nilalagyan nila... gumagalaw daw kasi ang wood depende sa climate.

im beginning to think, baka sa climate sa atin Pinas we can manage even without installing breadboard ends...

tama ba?

btw, sorry for the newbie question.
Random avatar
Steelshepherd
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: re: Breadboard ends

Unread post #2 by timber715 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 am

you are correct about the minimal movement of wood due to seasonal changes and unless you have wide thin boards (less than 1" thick) you could get away not using breadboards.. for anything less than 1" thick tops I probably would advice go the breadboard path espcially if the top is long...
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #3 by Steelshepherd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:12 am

timber715 wrote:you are correct about the minimal movement of wood due to seasonal changes and unless you have wide thin boards (less than 1" thick) you could get away not using breadboards.. for anything less than 1" thick tops I probably would advice go the breadboard path espcially if the top is long...

thank you sir for the enlightenment. so 1" thick and above ok lang walang breadboard.

our dining table (glass) doesn't match with the chairs, and wifey wants to get a bigger one. im contemplating on building a wooden dining table when i get back home, hehe :)
Random avatar
Steelshepherd
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #4 by joey81 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 am

Saw a 6-seater dining table at the mall last month. Konti na lang ka-presyo na ng 10J.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Return to Woodworking