Modular Cabinet Making

Modular Cabinet Making

Unread post #1 by Arki » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 am

Hello mga sir. I'm done with my first ever condo fit out project and I found out there's so much to learn. The venture almost was break-even. Muntik pa ako malugi. The interior designer designed all units to be built-in so I could not laminate in my shop and install na lang sa condo. What I did was to fabricate all units, bring it to the condo then laminate them there. The place was so small we have to be careful not to make damage inside the unit since it's already finished. Ang dami pa pinagbabawal ng building administrator. Working hours was also limited since adjacent units are already occupied by other tenants. So I have to be with my workers 2 straight weeks. Ang laki ng overhead ko at hindi ko na naasikaso ung ibang projects ko.
I was wondering if you guys know of tutorials, videos, books or seminars on the proper method of modular cabinet making. I very willing to be an attentive student once again. TIA.
Random avatar
Arki
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Modular Cabinet Making

Unread post #2 by bigfoot » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Furnishing condos are one of the most difficult jobs, with all the hassles you mentioned, unfortunately, they are the norm in condo construction. You must adjust your pricing accordingly.
Your cutting tools is only as good as your sharpening system.
bigfoot
Admin
Admin

Unread post #3 by Ricky » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Si bryan ang master sa cabinets.

Yeah bwisit kumuha ng condo projects, ang dami need iconsider.
-permits
- uniform
-noise
-working hours
- gate pass
- odor of adhesives
-working hours
-tight space
- use of service elevator
- use of comfort room
-being corteuos to tenants(yes dapat magalang ka kung hindi pwede ka complain)
-parking space
-and atittude of most condo owners( akala mo kung sino perkat nasa condo pero kung tumawad wagas hahaha)

Next time you can just say na hindi ka built in and you just work offsite. Pag ask bakit, tell them mabaho rugby and it will stick in the unit for more than a month. Tignan mo approve kaagad na modular na lang. pag hindi pa din pumayag, another banat is the electricity consumption.

Pero be very cautious din pag modular built off site, most condo or any new units eh hindi square ang corners at hindi din pantay ang walls at ceiling. Need mo mag sapin onsite.

Frustrating, kahit ano videos and tutorial on cabinet making panoorin mo, ibang clase walls natin floors at ceiling hahaha.

Next time lakihan mo na lang mobilization fee mo to cover day to day hassles.
Ricky

Unread post #4 by bigfoot » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Natawa ako dun sa "Wagas kung tumawad". 100k plus/sqm na condo na nga e, sabagay baka naubos na budget sa developer.
Your cutting tools is only as good as your sharpening system.
bigfoot
Admin
Admin

Return to Woodworking