Hello and welcome to the "Cab"
Please introduce your self properly and enjoy the site.
Forum rules
Please introduce your self properly.Tell us your age, location, work and hobbies.We would like to know you as a person and not as a username, its a small community so we've like to know you better. After posting your introduction the site will open for you and you will able to use the full features of the site.

Unread post #1 by mdmgwn » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi! I'm Gwen, 24, currently in Dubai but will be moving to Roxas, Capiz by end of this year. I am a handygirl wannabe and I joined this group to gain knowledge in woodworking and DIY home improvement. :angel:
Random avatar
mdmgwn
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: New Member

Unread post #2 by timber715 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Welcome Gwen... we have several ladies in the community and we are happy to have you as well. Tell us more about yourself please...
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #3 by mdmgwn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi, Sir Timber! It's nice to finally e-meet you!

Aside from assisting my tita before in making open cabinets for her classroom using regular hand tools, I haven't done any major projects yet but I already have a list of projects that I want to make. I am planning to start ticking off some items in my list when I'm back in the country. I am reading some topics about tools for beginners but I still would like to ask for your opinion, Sir.

I am planning to get the following tools:
1. CS - Bosch GKS 190
2. Drill - Bosch GSB 180-LI
3. My mom said she has a jigsaw and I can have it daw.
If you have any suggestions, clarifications, violent reactions, please let me know po. :angel:
Random avatar
mdmgwn
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #4 by timber715 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:58 pm

I would suggest getting the GKS65GCE tracksaw instead of the circularsaw, it will make straight cutting so much easier.
for a drill I do suggest going cordless... several 18 volt model to suit your need and can double for screwdriving needs plus of curse you are o longer bound by a wire needing an outlet.
for a Jigsaw, get the best Bosch Jigsaw you can afford, the top models makes life so much easier.

The only problem with my recommendations is that you would easily exceed double your budget against what you wanted. :think: :think: :think:
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #5 by mdmgwn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Sir. I have been eyeing that tracksaw and included it in my wish list. Guess I have to sell more earrings to purchase that.

PS. I sell handmade earrings para maachieve ang powertools collection :crazy:
Random avatar
mdmgwn
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #6 by timber715 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 pm

mdmgwn wrote:PS. I sell handmade earrings para maachieve ang powertools collection :crazy:

Please post some of your work.... I just might be able to help.
timber715
Admin
Admin

Return to Members Introduction