DIYer on Weekends #DIYWeekends

Hello and welcome to the "Cab"
Please introduce your self properly and enjoy the site.
Forum rules
Please introduce your self properly.Tell us your age, location, work and hobbies.We would like to know you as a person and not as a username, its a small community so we've like to know you better. After posting your introduction the site will open for you and you will able to use the full features of the site.

DIYer on Weekends #DIYWeekends

Unread post #1 by vsyquia » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:26 am

Hi Everybody,

My name is Vinchi. I am a 35 year old father of 2 living in Paranaque. I'm a regular guy with a day job but I've always loved creating stuff and I've recently gotten really into woodworking on weekends. I was invited to this forum by timber715 after sharing some of my work on a FB group.

Excited to be hear to learn more about woodworking and share some of my work. I've gotten into the habit of taking time lapse videos of my projects and I will be sharing some of my work here soon but you can also check out the videos on YouTube and search for my channel "VSYQUIA".
Just a note: I make tons of mistakes on every project and I like to leave them in the videos just to show that no woodworking project ever goes smoothly from start to finish. There are always "lapses" so if you do watch them, please don't judge my mistakes. I, by no means, claim to be an expert. I'm just a guy that likes to work with his hands and some power tools on the weekends. :)

Cheers!

Vinchi
vsyquia
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: DIYer on Weekends #DIYWeekends

Unread post #2 by timber715 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Wwlcime to the cab Vinchi, glad you accepted my initation. I invited you here bec i like your outlook and your openess to improve. Cab1 is a community of real people qgo loves crafts and life. We regularly have eb's or meets just to chat and share finds, skills and juat bout anything, I hope yoy can join us too.
Enjoy Cab1 you woyld learn plenty here but do share too...
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #3 by ernieserrano » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:29 pm

welcome to cab1net brother!
Random avatar
ernieserrano

Unread post #4 by fortnapz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Makiwelcome na rin ako. Welcome sa Cab1net bro!.... Enjoy the site. Merong parang suplado dito sa forum pero subrang bait naman iyan sa personal! hehehe
Invented for Life Out Perform. Out Last Work. Don't play. Tools That Make a Difference Faster, Easier, Smarter Guaranteed Tought Power Tools for the LONG RUN
i & swmbo luv my ex!
fortnapz
Jr Member
Jr Member

Unread post #5 by timber715 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:47 pm

May I invite you this saturday here in my shop in Paco for an eb with friends of the craft. If interested, shoot me a pm and I would give you details... 2pm yan till sawa, no acohol kami sa shop...
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #6 by vsyquia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 am

timber715 wrote:May I invite you this saturday here in my shop in Paco for an eb with friends of the craft. If interested, shoot me a pm and I would give you details... 2pm yan till sawa, no acohol kami sa shop...

Hi timber715, Apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately I just saw this. I would not have been able to make it either way. I had to work last weekend and was catching up on some projects.

On a different note, I've decided to take your advice and invest in a table saw. Based on some online research, I don't think one of those budget Hoyoma table saws for P7.5k would be that much better than my DIY table saw and branded ones naman (Makita, Bosch) available locally are ridiculously over priced! You have to pay P35k over here for something that is only 15k abroad. I have my eye set on a Dewalt DW745. Any ideas where I should be looking?
"Measure twice (or thrice or four times), cut once!"
vsyquia
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #7 by timber715 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:36 am

I have a friend that wants to unload his craftsman tablesaw but I never recommended it because it doesn't have a riving knife and the splitter can no longer be found. I remeber he wants 16k for it.
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #8 by Onesided » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 am

timber715 wrote:I have a friend that wants to unload his craftsman tablesaw but I never recommended it because it doesn't have a riving knife and the splitter can no longer be found. I remeber he wants 16k for it.

Sir timber specific model po ng craftsman?
Random avatar
Onesided
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Return to Members Introduction