Hello and welcome to the "Cab"
Please introduce your self properly and enjoy the site.
Forum rules
Please introduce your self properly.Tell us your age, location, work and hobbies.We would like to know you as a person and not as a username, its a small community so we've like to know you better. After posting your introduction the site will open for you and you will able to use the full features of the site.

Unread post #1 by dmacam » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:27 am

Hi,

I just bought track bars from riley and he referred me to this site after. I'm 37, from Makati as programmer and wood working will be one of my hobbies. I'm about to start a home made table saw. Looking forward creating stuffs with you guys.

Cheers,
Daryl
Random avatar
dmacam
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: New Member

Unread post #2 by bigfoot » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Welcome to the cab! Most of us here are diy'ers also, we usually frown upon homemade TS, with all the dangers involved. If you really want to go the path, please be compeltely aware of the dangers and safety features of a TS.
Your cutting tools is only as good as your sharpening system.
bigfoot
Admin
Admin

Unread post #3 by dmacam » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks for mentioning about the safety features. I'll look into it. I appreciate the warning too.

Cheers!
Random avatar
dmacam
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #4 by joey81 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm

So you finally found the link to the registration page. :)

Welcome to the cab!

Yes, we do not encourage homemade table saws here because of safety reasons. But of course, the final decision is yours. Among the TS safety features that you should seriously consider are riving knives, anti-kickback pawl and blade guards.
Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * SLT * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Return to Members Introduction