Im a Noob

Hello and welcome to the "Cab"
Please introduce your self properly and enjoy the site.
Forum rules
Please introduce your self properly.Tell us your age, location, work and hobbies.We would like to know you as a person and not as a username, its a small community so we've like to know you better. After posting your introduction the site will open for you and you will able to use the full features of the site.

Im a Noob

Unread post #1 by colecash99 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:37 am

Hi sir Im James, 32y/o im from Roxas City capiz. Im a nurse. im new here, and new to woodwork sir.. Nice to meet you all.. Sory if i have no ideas to share yet.. Sirs any ideas how to solve the GTS 10j problem with saw blade arbor, i recently bought bosch GTS 10J and i bought freud combination blade 50 tooth with out knowing proper side of blade for the GTS 10J, can i ask how to fit a freud blade with at 5/8 abor to GTS 10J. Thanks sir in advance.
Random avatar
colecash99
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Im a Noob

Unread post #2 by timber715 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 am

Welcome to the Cab James. Most of our members that use the gts10j and (imported)freud blades had their flanges machined to accept 5/8". Having said that, I am aware that Bosch (who owns Freud blade division) is locally distributing Freud blades to fit their local tools such as the gts10j. You can try getting in touch with PandaTools (facebook page) if they have the blades you need and ordering it thru them if you wish not to machine the ts flange.
Enjoy your craft... and again, welcome
cheers
timber715
Admin
Admin

Unread post #3 by colecash99 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 am

Thanks sir timber, i was considering doing this sir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlLBj24NI1k have any body done this sir? i actually bought that step drill bit, hehehe ill try to copy that flange just a back.. anybody doing that flange sir here in our forum?
Random avatar
colecash99
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Unread post #4 by bigfoot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 am

Try calling Panda tools if they still have the locally source Freud blades. I would also suggest having the machine shop fabricate flange for the 5/8" hole blade.
Your cutting tools is only as good as your sharpening system.
bigfoot
Admin
Admin

Unread post #5 by joey81 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:35 am

Also, dado blades only come with 5/8" arbor.
Rotir Tools * Bosch * Dremel * Hitachi * Dewalt * Freud * Harbor Freight * Woodpecker * Incra * Skil * Whiteside * CMT * Grizzly
joey81

Unread post #6 by JayL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pm

If you want to use that 50 tooth blade with 5/8" arbor hole ( and not yet ready to modify your saw flange ) then you could bring it to a machine shop and have it re bored to the size of the GTS 10J stock blade arbor hole. I'm not sure but would that be 30 mm?
Millermatic 180 Autoset Mig Welder
Miller Spoolmate 100 Spool Gun
Victor Firepower 350 Oxy Ace Outfit
3M Speedglas 9002X AD Helmet
Makita LC1230
Ingersoll Rand Air Tools
Snap On Tools
Metabo Power Tools
Norseman Cutting Tools
Bosch Power Tools
3M PPS
JayL
Moderators
Moderators

Unread post #7 by ernieserrano » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 am

months ago i bought a freud from panda, it didnt fit my circular saw, if its up to your specs baka we can trade cause i have a 4100 that will accept your freud blade
Random avatar
ernieserrano

Unread post #8 by colecash99 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:31 am

thanks mga sir sa mga help nyo, ill try to change the flange to 5/8 para compatible na ang blades.
Random avatar
colecash99
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Return to Members Introduction