Hello and welcome to the "Cab"
Please introduce your self properly and enjoy the site.
Forum rules
Please introduce your self properly.Tell us your age, location, work and hobbies.We would like to know you as a person and not as a username, its a small community so we've like to know you better. After posting your introduction the site will open for you and you will able to use the full features of the site.

Unread post #1 by mitch65 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 pm

hi all,

i'm mitch65 from paraƱaque city, 53, tatay of four, nag tatrabaho na yung dalawa at may pinag aaral pa kami ni kumander.

what else? ... ah, i love wood! BX:))

ever since i can remember, my father (may his good soul rest in peace) had a woodcraft business - way back during the day when almost all the wood they used was sourced in the local tistisan. so, i practically grew up inhaling sawdust daily from the huge table saws, band saws, lathes, sanders etc. pati baon kong tanghalian sa school noon may kusot (ok lang organic naman sya).

i semi-retired from my job a couple of years ago at mula noon parati lang ako akong istambay... para di ma boryong i learned to use japanese whetstones to sharpen my knives kasi nagluluto ako pang tangal nang stress (...ni kumander).

after i got past sharpening 101, i decided to experiment on a few cheap hand tools for woodworking from local sources. tapos i progressed to hand planes na pina bitbit ko sa nanay ko pag uwi nya sa pinas. inaral ko mag freehand sharpen nang irons at mag tono nang hand planes through online sources and a few of my own improv. pinoy tayo eh... make do with what we have.

but what i really wan't to do is to engage in a garage hobby where I could get some daily dose of of sawdust in my lungs again, nostalgia baga haha. and as a by-product, make some shoe racks and whatever else my family requests me to make. like renovating their bedrooms nyaha!

kaya kaninang umaga i bought a bnew bosch gts 10j jobsite saw for a reasonable 29.9k (it's my first powered saw). tapos while searching online about this tool, i stumbled across this site where there's a lot of guys taking about it.

yun, that's my short background...

kudos at kusot sa lahat dito sa community.
Politics and corruption are not strange bedfellows, they glue together like two pieces of wood butted at the longrain which has been jointed smooth and true.
mitch65
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: new member

Unread post #2 by timber715 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 am

Welcome to the Cab, Mitch. Like you most of us started from the bottom and moved up immediately because of this community. Sharing taught us many things like how to save up for nice tools and materials (maraming mangkukulam (people who can make you want someting fast) dito and we learned to buy the best we can afford.
The main difference about this group compared ot others is that we are real people in a community of the same passion. Join us when you find the chance, it is a fun community.
timber715
Admin
Admin

Re: new member

Unread post #3 by mitch65 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Thank you timber715. Haha ok lang ako sa mangkukulam basta epektib yung mga gayuma nya.
Politics and corruption are not strange bedfellows, they glue together like two pieces of wood butted at the longrain which has been jointed smooth and true.
mitch65
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Return to Members Introduction